I had so much fun putting together today’ s post, remembering our wedding day and honeymoon in America afterwards. Honeymoons now come in all shapes and sizes, from minimoons in your wedding locality followed by a more extravagant honeymoon later on, activity honeymoons to round the world trips. If you are looking for an alternative idea for your honeymoon in France why not think about hiring your own private honeymoon yacht, complete with skipper and crew!
Let me introduce you to Wave Charter and Wave an 18metre flybridge yacht with 3 sunpads over the upper and lower decks and 3 dining areas (1 on each of the upper & lower decks as well as the inside upper dinette area). With the different levels inside and out, there is a lovely feeling of space – unless you want service you will not see the crew!
With French Wedding Style Blog growing as it is, maybe one day I should organise a little industry get together to be held on the Wave. Of course I would need to have the rest of the week onboard for all of the arrangements……. Oh well back to writing today’s post.
Wave’s home berth is in the historic Port Vauban, Antibes, in the centre of the Cote d‟Azur, less than 30 minutes from Nice airport. St Tropez at the far west of the Cote d‟Azur, and Menton at the far east, can be reached in about an hour and a half. Most short charters are between these locations, while longer charters are possible to the Hyères/Porquerolles Islands, Corsica, Sardinia or the Tuscan coast of Italy from Genoa to Portofino, Cinque Terre and the island of Elba.
The Cote d’Azur is the playground of the rich and famous for good reason…there are wonderful bays, warm turquoise seas and romantic sunsets. There is also plenty of glitz and glamour and amazing gastronomic restaurants to be found ashore – it is definitely a place to see and be seen. And with a yacht when you want to get away from it all you can just jump aboard and sail away into the sunset!
Katie Wood from Wave Charter: “I can’t think of anything more romantic than being at anchor, sipping champagne under the stars and enjoying a welcomed evening breeze and listening to the lapping of the waves…
If you wish to go ashore there are many gastronomic restaurants and your skipper will be happy to launch the rib and take you to Star studded St Tropez, one of the infamous celebrity hangouts on Pampalonne Beach, Glitzy Monaco or for a spot of shopping on the Croisette in Cannes. Or you can return to Wave’s home port for a romantic stroll around old Antibes!
The magic of Wave charter is that honeymoon is truly bespoke and the couple get time together aboard their own private yacht with top class attentive, discrete service from professional crew.
The charterer has exclusive use of the yacht for the duration of the charter and the itinerary, food, drink and style of service from the crew is all arranged in advance to ensure that everything is according to their taste.
The professional skipper is totally flexible and treats you as he would the owner for the duration. He will be willing to change the itinerary according to local weather or your desires on the day and the professional crew are attentive, but sympathetic to the fact it is your honeymoon. The service style and arrangement can be discussed in advance to ensure privacy and complete satisfaction.
In the morning you can choose to take breakfast in the port or ask the skipper to take the boat out to a bay so that you can have a swim before taking breakfast at anchor!
Canapes and drinks are served all day and dinner is usually taken ashore. At least one romantic evening BBQ should be taken aboard and we can even light up a turquoise pool at the back of the boat for a late night swim!”
Itinerary can be changed at any time to accommodate newfound favourite spots or preferences!
During the summer there are numerous fantastic fireworks displays on the Cote d’Azur and it will be unusual not to experience at least one of them during the week.
- Fly into Nice and transfer by limo to Antibes (not included, but we can help with booking limo).
- Arrive at Wave on Quai 1 in her home port of Port Vauban, Antibes where fresh flowers, chilled Champagne and professional crew greet the newlyweds.
- Sail around the Cap d’Antibes, passing Garoupe, Chateau de la Croë, Eden Roc Hotel, Juan Les Pins, and Golfe Juan.
- Anchor at the Lerins Islands, Cannes, for swimming and lunch.
- Relax, sunbathe, swim, listen to music or get active with the range of water toys which include a jet rib, water-ski, Bladefish motorised swim propellers, Seyvelor kayaks, inflatable trampoline/donut, snorkels, fins and mask.
- The crew will remain available throughout the day to serve drinks, canapes, lunch, launch the jetrib for trips to shore or help with the water toys.
- Return to Antibes in the evening.
- Guests dine ashore in one of the fine restaurants in the romantic old town of Antibes with its with cobbled streets and Vieux Murs overlooking the bay.
- The couple spend their first night in the air conditioned master cabin with its spacious ensuite shower room. Luxurious bathrobes, towels and toiletries are provided for all guests.
- Short sail from Antibes to Salis on the Cap d’Antibes, and anchor for breakfast and an optional early morning dip!
- Sail to Villefranche, calling in to see Nice old port en route. Anchor for swimming and lunch in Villefranche. Guests may go ashore by tender to visit Villefranche town.
- Anchor in Villefranche overnight. Watch the sun set whilst sipping champagne on the flybridge!
- Stay aboard for a stargazing BBQ, order a gourmet ‘take away’ to be delivered by tender from one of the gastronomic quayside restaurants or ask the skipper to take you ashore to dine at trendy ‘Beluga’.
- Wake up at anchor and dive in for a pre breakfast dip!
- Breakfast is served on the aft deck.
- More swimming and relaxing in the gorgeous Villefranche bay!
- In the afternoon, sail around Cap Ferrat and into Port of Monaco.
- Guests may go ashore for dinner in Monaco and Wave can be berthed on the Quai Jean-Charles Rey, a short stroll from stylish Beef Bar.
- Guests spend the day in Monaco where they can shop in the luxury boutiques, book a spa treatment at Les Thermes Marins, Monte-Carlo or take a short helicopter flight to see the Cote d’Azur from the air.
- Dine in one of Monte Carlo’s amazing restaurants or have an icecream outside at the Café de Paris while enjoying its live music and watching (luxury) the world go by. Casino Square in Monte Carlo is a must see at night!
- Breakfast is served at anchor off Cap Martin.
- Set sail to Beaulieu and guests may lunch in the famous African Queen restaurant, on the quayside just a few metres from Wave.
- Afternoon spent swimming, anchored off St Jean Cap Ferrat.
- In the evening Wave returns to Antibes where guests can dine ashore
- Wave drops guest in Cannes for a spot of shopping on the infamous Croisette before lunch at the Hotel du Cap Eden Roc. Guests arrive by tender to the hotel’s private jetty.
- Guests may return to Antibes or spend the evening at anchor off Juan-Les-Pins.
- The last day is often taken at anchor and the guests are free to request a return visit to their favourite spot. There are still plenty of destinations left to see so just ask if you want to try somewhere new!
- In the late afternoon, Wave sails to Antibes for guests departure.
Prices for chartering Wave start at a base rate of Euro3,000 per day Euro18,000 per week. Plus fuel (at commercial rate) and APA (Advanced Provisioning Allowance – used to stock the boat with food and drinks according to the charterer’s preferences). But wait……
If you are loving the idea of hiring Wave for your honeymoon French Wedding Style have an exclusive 10% off the cost the charter rate simply quote FWShoneymoon10 when you contact Wave.