It is time to look at some beautiful french property in today’s wedding venue spotlight, a 13th Century Chateau in the Rhone-Alps that is opening its doors for exclusive weddings for the first time from April 2013, Chateau de Buis. Throughout its long history, the Château has been home to only two families, with the current owners having lived there for the last 350 years.
The venue can accommodate wedding parties of up to 50 guests and has facilities to offer either outdoor or indoor ceremonies and receptions. In addition, a beautiful bridal suite is available to the couple for their wedding night. This comprises a fully refurbished bridal bedroom, separate bridal preparation room and en-suite bathroom, all housed within the Château property, ensuring privacy for the bride and her bridal party prior to the wedding, whilst the guest are looked after in a separate part of the grounds.
The Chateau remains a family home with Le Chatelain (head of the household) looking to sharing the beautiful Chateau as the backdrop to your French wedding celebrations. Not only is Chateau des Buis set within scenic French countryside, but they also have State recognised unique historical fresco’s in both the courtyard and the Fresco room in the main house adding to the unique setting for your wedding day.
Although Chateau des Buis is being opened to the public as a wedding venue for the first time, the Chateau itself has seen many family weddings throughout the years. Le Chatelain is on hand on our wedding day to act as your host and can incorporate a historical tour around the Chateau and grounds for your guests.
Château des Buis is situated in an elevated position, overlooking the Ain Valley, near the town of Bourg-en-Bresse (between Lyon and Geneva). It derives its name from the type of box hedging that can be seen around the formal gardens and is typical of borders used in both French and Italian (Italianate) garden designs in many Châteaux and Palaces – including Versailles.
To ensure the best possible experience for you on your Wedding Day, our package includes the full time services of our own wedding planner and professional experienced photographers (both of whom have extensive experience organising and photographing destination weddings across Italy & France).
Exclusive use of Chateau des Buis includes the following:
- Exclusive use of the Château, excluding rooms currently occupied by the owners
- Complimentary Bridal Suite comprising: Bridal Suite for the wedding night, Bridal Preparation Suite & En-suite Bathroom
- Formal Gardens – for outdoor ceremony, reception dinner, aperitif
- Courtyard – for reception drinks/aperitif
- Orangery – for indoor ceremony, reception dinner & evening dance
- Stables – for external caterers
- Terrace – for outdoor reception & aperitif
- Swimming Pool Terrace – for outdoor aperitif
- Vintage Alfa Romeo Spyder Car (in white) for Bridal photographs in the courtyard
- Guided historical tour hosted by ‘Le Chatelains’ – to include The Grange, Salle des Fresques & hand-painted Coach Entrance
- Celebrant – to officiate the wedding ceremony