Well well 2013, what can I say, you have been everything that I hoped for and more! Before I wrote this post celebrating the wonder that has been 2013, I went back and read last years Au Revoir 2012 post and it was so interesting.
It seems like a lifetime ago and a blink of an eye at the same time. I sometimes look back over the last couple of years and feel that I am watching someone else working to achieve their dreams, and forget that it is actually the Trulove team.
This year has had many highs from become one of the Top 100 wedding blogs in the world to being a finalist in the Wedding Magazine Awards Best International Wedding Blog. I would not say that it has had many lows, but the continual juggling act of still being employed, whilst managing the ever growing blog and trulove community is definitely a challenge.
One that I could not do without my partner is life, hubby/ Mr Trulove. As always he is the one who sits and absorbs my next “so I had an idea” moment and distills them into practical aplications. He is the one who brings huge mugs of coffee and chocolate after 14 hour computer sessions, and he is the one who continues to make the technology heart of French Wedding Style tick – thank you xx
So what is coming up in 2014? To give you a taster; a relaunch, something completely different for me, new project and maybe I will get infront of the camera ( I said maybe)!
But before it is time to go and open up the bottles of bubbly, I also want to say a heartfelt thank you to each and everyone of you Trulovers. Thank you for reading, commenting, emailing in and thank you for inviting French Wedding Style to be apart of your wedding planning journey!
I found it soo hard to choose my best bits from 2013 but here goes:
- Way back in January before the trend really hit, I showcased my love of floral headdresses
- One of my favourite French wedding dress designers Laure de Sagazan and her latest collection
- Loved this real wedding in Provence with some of my favourite vendors; Lavender & Rose Planners and held at Bastide St Mathieu
- Will always remain one of my favourite colours and boards Coral Wedding Inspiration Board
- My dream vow renewal in Paris
- If you are planning a wedding in South of France, check out Top 5 wedding venues on French Riviera
- I love this style so the Brigitte Bardot engagement session in Paris by Cat Hepple Photography and hair and make up by Victoria Farr is one of my favourite engagement sessions this year!
- If you are planning a Paris honeymoon trip, this is how to celebrate in style!
- The yurt trend is alive and kicking in France and this two day yurt wedding is bohotastic (couldn’t resist)
- Swan Lake wedding inspiration from Cedarwood Weddings
- Finding out more about the differences in Cupcakes from Paris
- A colourful Corsica wedding and looking to feature more of this beautiful island in 2014
- Ultimate Dream French Castle Wedding at Chateau Challain
- Art Deco wedding in Paris and bride wore Jenny Packham
- Idyllic French countryside wedding for Kelly and Sam
- Meeting newest Belle Bride sharing her planning journey Cassie Leedham
- A place I have my sights set on visiting, Annecy and a Lakeside wedding
- Real bride in Delphine Manivet wedding dress in the Paris countryside
- The newest trend of naked rustic wedding cakes
- A Parisian wedding full of vintage glamour by Catherine O’Hara and hair and make up by Lexi De Rock
- Celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary in Paris
- The intimate elopement under the oldest tree in Paris by Ian Holmes Photography
- Another place added to my wish list, Reunion Island and a stunning post wedding shoot
- Claire Pettibone DeCoupage Collection
- An A-List star studded wedding in Poitou Charentes
- Kimye might be looking as well, but this Palace of Versailles wedding in just elegant and beautiful
- I launched the Freshman Wedding Business Program
- A surprise wedding in Paris arranged by the groom and Bliss Travels
- Had fun with the Coco Chanel wedding theme
- Top tips for dealing with French Wedding Suppliers by Haute Weddings
- We met Lisa and Alex from 2 People 1 Life travelling the world and getting married in each country
- Elegant Le Meurice wedding in Paris
- Met new Belle Bride Mademoiselle Slimalicious getting married in 2014 in France
- Chic Monaco wedding by Katy Lunsford Photography and I still want mint shoes!
- Sean and James planned their Scottish themed wedding in Paris
- A relaxed Dordogne wedding with an outdoor Chateau courtyard reception from Susie Lawrence Photography
- Top 3 wedding venues in Languedoc Rousillon
- Nell and Cody’s romantic dusky pink wedding in Burgundy
- Introducing French wedding dress designer Fabienne Alagama
- Dreams coming true on a Paris honeymoon photoshoot
- A rustic chic wedding in Normandy
- Romantic and feminine my ruffled romance wedding ideas
- Chateau d’Esclimont as the venue for a dream French fairytale wedding
- Magical summer garden themed wedding in Morzine
- Village fete themed wedding in Provence at a rustic vineyard
- Belle Bride Sophie goes and get’s married!
- We met American expat living the Paris dream – Pictours Paris
- A whole dress made of macarons!
- Introduced a new resident cake expert Cakes by Beth!
- Lavish Paris wedding with Michael Jackson tribute
- Romantic wedding at altitude with the most amazing views
- Laure de Sagazan Parisian wedding dress for Basque Country wedding
- A fabulous Post wedding shoot in Paris by Hannah May Photography
- Dreaming of sun-filled days with a Provence countryside wedding
- Olive Grove wedding inspiration by Katy Lunsford shot at Feather and Stone workshop
- An eclectic destination wedding in France by Sam Docker Photography
I hope that your 2013 has been just as fabulous. I will be having a drink or two of bubbles tonight with hubby and friends to celebrate a simply tremendous year, and raising a glass to all the Trulovers!
Oh and if you have a slight sore head tomorrow, be sure to visit the blog for a springtime wedding to cheer you up!
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.